So after a whole day’s worth of work, bug testing, bug killing, filehost link testing, stress testing, download testing, and resume testing.. well.. we’re finally stable. At least, that’s what I can say. I’ve test the hosts over a dozen times now over all the servers we operate and everything is checking out.
I did have a few tickets complaining of failed generations and/or downloads but when I checked those, it was checking out fine. I’ve also had a user who wasn’t happy about the downtime. That’s one user who expressed how he felt about it. I’m still not sure how many users actually feel that our dedication and service is not up to the mark. If you’re one of those, please let us know. This will help us in amending anything wrong that we’ve been doing with the way we handle situations here at RPNet.
There’s a couple announcements to make, so I’ll be quick with them so I can get back to fixing stuff up on the UserCP news and the rest.
- Fileserve is finally fixed. Link generation may occasionally fail. If it does, try it again. We’re going to perfect it over the next day or two. The downloads now do not expire. They pause and resume just fine. So you can generate, say, 10 links and leave them to download over night. Previously, the download links expired amazingly quick. We’ve implemented the workaround to this so all should be going good now.
- There’s a 20gb/day download limit for Megaupload. This is NOT PERMANENT. This is just a simple experimental phase. Please do not be surprised.
- One (or possibly more than one, but not a majority) of our users’ have been abusing Hotfile downloads a lot. I’ve asked Dman to check on that as soon as he gets in. So if some of you come across constantly failing link generation, it’s probably because our Hotfile account(s) were suspended thanks to that abuse. Please be patient in this regard as this will be sorted out as soon as Dman gets in. That should be a few hours from now.
- We’ve finally perfected and implemented zShare. So yeah, that’s a new host we’ve added. It’s one of the hosts we’ve planned to add for sometime now but we could not thanks to persistent issues that kept cropping up. Test drive your zShare downloads all you want
- We will not be able to add FileSonic. The reason is still the same. Bandwidth limits with no ability to purchase more bandwidth. The only way is to buy more accounts. And that’s just not feasible. I’m sorry about this, but there’s not much I can do.
- Every account in the system was credited with a 3 day bonus extension owing to the downtime for the past 24 hours.
I’m still awake for a couple hours. So I’ll be handling your tickets in case you come across troubles with your download(s).
And last, but not the least – a huge round of applause to Insolsence for his work on RPNet. He coded the new link generation system in an amazing timeframe and the way he has handled everything was completely professional. We realize that the new system had some serious bugs, but they were fixed within a reasonable time and everyone was compensated for the loss.
Before I conclude this post, I’d like to apologize to everyone at large for the 24 hours of messed up downloading experience. That was clearly not our intention. And we’ve worked all day today to fix every bug we’ve managed to find. The end result has been a more stable link generation/download system, the fileserve fix, and a new filehost (zShare). And of course, 3 days of extension that we owe to everyone.
Please remember to use the helpdesk for support queries. Posting your support related issues on this post will only cause unwanted delays in assisting you in a proper manner.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.